CALL FOR PROJECT PROPOSALS
Advancing the Status of Vulnerable Groups through the Development of Innovative Social Inclusion Models at the Local Level
Closure date: Wednesday, 3 April 2019 12:00 AM
Become a pioneer of social innovations that are people-centred, improve the everyday life of all citizens and transform social relations, by identifying new cooperation modalities and being ready to forge new liaisons conducive to cross-sectoral cooperation, with the aim of addressing the key social needs of vulnerable groups in your local communities.
The Social Inclusion and Poverty Reduction Unit of the Government of the Republic of Serbia (SIPRU), with financial support from the Swiss Government through the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), hereby launches the Call for Project Proposals (concept notes) within the programme Local Initiatives to Increase Social Inclusion and Poverty Reduction – Support for the Development of Innovative Social Inclusion Models – LIP 2, with a view to advancing the status of vulnerable groups (women, youth, the Roma, migrants, persons with disabilities), especially those living in rural and extremely poor areas, by improving the existing and establishing new/innovative approaches or innovative measures/services/programmes in local communities.
This is an open call for the submission of project concept notes. Only concept notes will be subjected to an initial assessment; the applicants whose concept notes receive the highest scores will be invited to submit full applications.
Local government units from the following regions and districts are eligible to apply:
Šumadija and Western Serbia
- Raška District: Kraljevo, Vrnjačka Banja, Novi Pazar, Raška and Tutin;
- Moravica District: Ivanjica and Lučani;
- Zlatibor District: Užice, Arilje, Bajina Bašta, Čajetina, Kosjerić, Požega, Priboj, Prijepolje, Nova Varoš and Sjenica;
Southern and Eastern Serbia
- Zaječar District: Zaječar, Boljevac, Knjaževac and Sokobanja;
- Bor District: Bor, Kladovo, Majdanpek and Negotin;
- Pirot District: Pirot, Bela Palanka, Babušnica and Dimitrovgrad;
- Pčinja District: Bosilegrad, Bujanovac, Vladičin Han, Vranje, Preševo, Surdulica and Trgovište;
- Jablanica District: Bojnik, Vlasotince, Lebane, Leskovac, Medveđa and Crna Trava;
- Toplica District: Blace, Žitorađa, Kuršumlija and Prokuplje;
- Nišava District: Niš, Aleksinac, Svrljig, Merošina, Ražanj, Doljevac and Gadžin Han.
Grant amount: CHF 3,000
Duration of the intervention: Up to 4 months of financial and technical support for the development of the innovative solution (innovative measures/programmes).
On the basis of the innovative solutions developed, the SIPRU will take the decision on subsequent financial support of up to CHF 25,000.00 for testing the solution in practice during up to 12 months. Financial support will be accompanied by professional and mentoring assistance.
How to apply?
- Send the completed forms in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Call by Wednesday, 3 April 2019 (12:00 AM).
- In accordance with the Guidelines for Applicants, applications and supporting documents are to be submitted in the electronic form only, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Requests for clarification should be sent to the following e-mail address: email@example.com at the latest by 19 March 2019.
About the Call
- The total budget of the call for the award of grants to local governments is CHF 435,000.
- The selection of beneficiaries will be made through the evaluation and ranking of the submitted intervention applications.
- More information about the programme, as well as the beneficiary selection process and criteria and the application procedure will be provided at the information sessions and in the description and criteria of the Call below.
LIP 2 and the Guidelines were presented regionally during March, at the following locations:
- A session was held for applicants from the following municipalities and cities: Užice, Arilje, Bajina Bašta, Čajetina, Kosjerić, Požega
- Where: Regional Center for Professional Development in Education Užice (Nemanjina 52)
- When: 7th March 2019, 11:00-13:00h
- A session was held for applicants from the following municipalities and cities: Novi Pazar, Ivanjica, Lučani, Raška, Tutin, Nova Varoš, Priboj, Prijepolje, Sjenica
- Where: Hotel “Tadž” (Rifata Burdževića 79)
- When: 8th March 2019, 10:00-12:00h
- A session was held for applicants from the following municipalities and cities: Niš, Ražanj, Aleksinac, Merošina, Svrljig, Bela Palanka, Gadžin Han, Blace, Kuršumlija, Prokuplje, Žitorađa, Pirot, Dimitrovgrad
- Where: Regional Center for Professional Development in Education Niš (Pariske komune bb)
- When: 11th March 2019, 09:30-11:30h
- A session was held for applicants from the following municipalities and cities: Leskovac, Babušnica, Bojnik, Crna Trava, Lebane, Medveđa, Vlasotince, Bosilegrad, Surdulica, Trgovište, Vladičin Han, Vranje, Bujanovac, Preševo
- Where: Center for Professional Development in Education Leskovac (Leskovačkog odreda 6)
- When: 11th March 2019, 13:00 – 15:00h
- A session was held for applicants from the following municipalities and cities: Zaječar, Boljevac, Knjaževac, Sokobanja, Bor, Kladovo, Majdanpek, Negotin
- Where: Hotel “Srbija TIS” (Nikole Pašića bb)
- When: 12th March 2019, 10:00-12:00h
The Information Sessions presentations can be downloaded here:
- Local Initiatives to Increase Social Inclusion and Poverty Reduction – Support for the Development of Innovative Social Inclusion Models – LIP 2 (.pdf)
- About Social Innovations (.pdf)
Click to download the application documents:
- Guidelines for Applicants (.docx)
- Application documentation
- Supporting documentation
- More information