NOTE: This call follows the European Union Delegation call and represents support to potential applicants in the process of drafting an application. An application for this call does not represent an application to the European Union Delegation call, nor is it a precondition for participation in the same call.
The Social Inclusion and Poverty Reduction Unit of the Government of the Republic of Serbia wishes to provide mentorship and advisory support to local self-governments and citizen associations (with a seat in the Republic of Serbia, and active in the above local self-governments) in preparing a concept project proposal for the call “Improvement of Living Conditions of Internally Displaced Persons and Returnees under the Readmission Process in Serbia and Support for Sustainable Return to Kosovo*” (LOT 1, Improvement of Living Conditions of Internally Displaced Persons and Returnees under the Readmission Process in Serbia). The deadline for submitting concepts to the European Union Delegation is 18 April 2017. Information on this call is available on the European Commission website – International Cooperation and Development/Calls for Project Proposals and Tenders, as well as on the European Union Delegation to Serbia website.
The Social Inclusion and Poverty Reduction Unit of the Government of the Republic of Serbia (hereinafter: Unit) recognized this call as an extremely important opportunity to improve the status of internally displaced persons and returnees under the readmission process, as one of the most vulnerable social groups. Through this call the Unit endeavours to support the participation of members of this vulnerable group as the final beneficiaries of project results, the proactive approach of all relevant stakeholders at the local level, and the overall development of the local community.
The advisory support of the Unit involves providing comments and proposals for amendments to prepared concept project proposals, as well as directing project ideas towards the most efficient and effective impact on the end beneficiaries. Unit comments will contribute to the clear formulation of needs in accordance with the call priorities and in accordance with the national strategic framework in this field. The Unit can also provide support with the translation of final concept project proposals that have received comments and/or suggestions from Serbian into the English language.
Local self-governments and/or citizen associations may send their concept project proposals as completed forms to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org at the latest by 2 April 2017, under the following conditions:
- The concept project proposal meets all of the following formal call criteria: conditions for application (items 2.1.1, 2.1.2 in the call guidelines), the types of activities that may be supported (item 2.1.4 in the call guidelines) and the costs that may be covered for the proposed activities (item 2.1.5 in the call guidelines);
- The citizen association implementing the project or representing a project partner has implemented their activities during the preceding period within the territory of the local self-government the concept project proposal relates to;
- The local self-government and/or citizen association has implemented a consultation process with internally displaced persons and/or returnees under the readmission process on the solutions that would improve their living conditions, and based the concept project proposal on this information. The consultation process (implemented for the purpose of applying for this call or for another purpose previously) may be illustrated in writing (through a report form a meeting organized with the citizens) and/or in visual form (through photographs from implemented field visits and/or surveys taken by representatives of the target group, etc.).
The application shall contain (in the Serbian or English language):
- A concept project proposal in the attached form in the Serbian or English language (Note: the Serbian language form represents an unofficial translation of the first part of the original form and should only be used for unofficial purposes);
- Information on the experience and activities of the citizen association within the territory the concept project proposal refers to;
- Evidence of consultations implemented with the final beneficiaries regarding the concept project proposal.
Applications are to be submitted at the latest by 2 April 2017 to the e-mail address: email@example.com. Applications not meeting the above conditions shall not be considered for providing mentorship and advisory support. The completed form and relevant documentation can be sent in the English or Serbian language. For any information or clarifications please address: firstname.lastname@example.org by 28 March 2017.
The Serbian language form can be downloaded HERE (Unofficial extract from the form only for the needs of this call – PART A).
The English language form can be downloaded HERE (Unofficial extract from the form only for the needs of this call – PART B).
Envisaged Unit schedule for providing advisory and mentorship support:
- Interested local self-governments and/or citizen associations meeting all the above criteria shall send applications and relevant documentation to the Unit at the latest by 2 April 2017 to the e-mail address: email@example.com.
- The Unit will notify candidates whether they meet the required formal conditions for mentorship and advisory support at the latest by 4 April 2017.
- The Unit will provide comments and suggestions for the concept project proposals meeting the formal conditions at the latest by 9 April 2017.
- Candidates will notify the Unit on the adopted comments/suggestions with explanations if they do not wish to accept some of the Unit suggestions, as well as on whether they need support regarding translation of the final concept from Serbian into the English language at the latest by 13 April 2017.
- The Unit will provide support for the translation of final concepts from the Serbian into the English language for all candidates meeting the formal conditions and expressing such need at the latest by 17 April 2017, in order for the candidates to be able to send the final concept in the English language to the European Union Delegation by 18 April 2017 (by 15:00 hours Brussels time).
Having in mind the importance of this call, the Social Inclusion and Poverty Reduction Unit will also consider the option to co-finance applicants receiving mentorship support (in case their concept and full application are selected for implementation) in accordance with the call rules and in accordance with Unit capacities at the given moment.
ANNEX: Extract from the Guidelines for the Applications to the Call “Improvement of Living Conditions of Internally Displaced Persons and Returnees under the Readmission Process in Serbia and Support for Sustainable Return to Kosovo*”
Project bearers and partners:
- May be any local self-government unit or city within the territory of the Republic of Serbia, except for those within the territory of Kosovo.
- May be non-government organizations within the territory of the Republic of Serbia.
- The project proposal bearer must have at least one partner when applying for this call.
- If the bearer is the local self-government unit or city, the partner may be a non-government organization and vice versa.
The planned duration of the proposed project may not be under 18 months or over 24 months.
Amount of funds for LOT 1:
Minimum amount: EUR 250,000.00
Maximum amount: EUR 500,000.00
Permitted activities for LOT 1, improvement of living conditions of internally displaced persons and returnees under the readmission process in Serbia:
- Support for the improvement of living conditions (e.g. providing material for the construction/repair/recovery to end users, providing and installing finished residential facilities, etc.) The purchase of rural houses, buildings or land in accordance with the call conditions.
- Distribution of economic packages (with the aim of starting or expanding existing business activities) to contribute to the sustainability of living conditions.
- Support for the implementation of 30 local action plans in Serbia to resolve social inclusion issues for internally displaced persons and returnees under the readmission process in Serbia in the field of housing, employment, healthcare and education.
An info session for detailed information will be organized by the European Union Delegation on Friday 24 March 2017 from 2PM to 4PM at the EU Info Centre – Kralja Milana 7 in Belgrade.
All interested parties should apply by Wednesday, 22 March 2017 to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org, by sending an e-mail with the subject line: “Provision to the improvement of living conditions of IDPs and returnees from readmission process in Serbia and support to the sustainable return to Kosovo Information Session” <name of the organization/local self-government unit>, as well as the names of at most two participants before the given organization/ local self-government unit.