The List of Digital Tools for Work with Children and Pupils/Students Who Need Additional Support in Distance Learning has been compiled in order to facilitate distance teaching and learning, in particular: curricular and extra-curricular activities, educational work and the development of skills for daily living. The list includes a broad selection of free digital tools for educational and other activities conducted with children and pupils/students with developmental disabilities and learning difficulties. The use of these digital tools helps educational workers to ensure high-quality and accessible distance learning for every child and pupil/student.
Available categories include:
- applications for work with pupils/students with speech disorders
- applications for children/students with sensory processing disorders
- applications and software for children/students with motor disorders
- applications and software for children/students with learning difficulties (dyslexia, dyscalculia)
- applications developing motivation and various skills for learning and daily living
- applications for group work with pupils/students
- platforms for creating video, film, animations or textual contents
- accessibility features for iOS and Windows products
- accessibility guides for learning materials, videos
- links to free educational platforms
- additional educational applications
The digital tools are suitable for overcoming certain learning barriers and useful for individualised work with children and pupils/students with specific developmental disorders. Most tools are available in Serbian, while some are available only in English. Some of them are multi-purpose tools, while some are designed only for iOS devices. These specific characteristics are clearly indicated in the descriptions.
In addition to the list of tools, the document also includes links to the information about conferences, lectures and other events held to date on the use of information & communication technologies at all education levels and, in particular, in aspects related to inclusive education. These conferences were supported by the Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development.
The List of Digital Tools was created through a collaborative effort of the Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development, the Social Inclusion and Poverty Reduction Unit and UNICEF.
Hopefully these digital tools will contribute to higher-quality and more equitable distance learning.